Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates and Information
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an evolving global health concern. This page will be updated with the latest information as it becomes available.
For up-to-the-minute targeted information for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, visit the Australian Federal Government Department of Health (DoH) website.
Important COVID-19 resources and updates:
- COVID-19 Vaccines common questions
- Who is getting the vaccine first?
- people who have an increased risk of developing serious illness or dying from COVID-19
- people at an increased risk of exposure, infection and spreading of COVID-19
- people who are in a setting with high potential to spread the virus, such as health and aged care workers
- people working in critical services, such as emergency service workers.
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults are a priority group.
- How to recognise symptoms
- What happens during testing
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions are at higher risk. For current advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) click here
- 30-minutes COVID-19 infection control online training module for healthcare workers in all setting. It covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19 available here.