The Senior Policy Officer – Closing the Gap, reports to the Project Manager – Closing the Gap. The role sits within the newly established Closing the Gap Social Services team, which is responsible for managing the establishment of a consortium of Western Australian Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations (WA ACCOs) with social services representation from, at a minimum, the housing, disability and early childhood care and development sectors.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (community development, social science, public health, public policy etc.) and/or equivalent knowledge and skills.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a health, social or public policy environment in a similar role.
- Demonstrated skills in providing strategic policy advice.
- Considerable skills and practical experience in the formulation, development, analysis and evaluation of policy.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to prepare high-quality written materials including submissions, position papers, briefing notes, reports and correspondence.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including negotiation and consultation skills, and the ability to proactively establish and sustain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- High level of initiative with the ability to be proactive and work autonomously as required.
- Strong computer skills with advanced Microsoft Office skills in Outlook, Work, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold the principles of cultural sensitivity including an ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
To view the full position description and selection criteria visit https://www.ahcwa.org.au