About Maari Ma Health
Maari Ma Health Aboriginal Corporation is an Aboriginal community-controlled health service located in Broken Hill. We are an award-winning practice with an excellent reputation. You will join a welcoming, modern, well-resourced General Practice and be part of a highly functioning and well supported multidisciplinary and culturally secure team. The impressive range of visiting (in-house) medical specialists and allied health providers offers GPs working in our practice direct access to specialist skills to support and develop their practice.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible contract arrangements.
- Supported by Aboriginal Health Practitioners, Nurses, and other GPs.
- GPs can opt to be employed as a salaried staff member or contracted as a Sole Trader or under Trust or Company arrangements.
- Work hours are Monday to Friday 8.30 -5.00 (with a 1-hour lunchbreak) with no on call, afterhours, or weekend work.
- Public holidays off.
- Contract arrangements also range from full time on-site, or part time FIFO tailored to meet the needs of the doctor and our practice.
- Opportunity to train GP registrars.
- 5 weeks paid annual leave per year.
- Christmas closure including additional paid leave to cover the period (4 days)
- Accrued days off (up to 12 per year)
- Flexible leave accrual.
- Remote allowance.
- Special rates at local gym and aquatic centre.
- Generous Salary Packaging, standard up to $15,900 per year – more take home pay for you. Plus, access to Meal Entertainment and Accommodation card and Remote Area Benefits to increase the standard amount you can salary package – full benefits go to the employee.
- Salary packaging Novated Leasing.
- Supported advanced education and training and excellent personal development opportunities.
- Access to use our accredited health care service for you and your family (conditions apply).
- Visa sponsorship available.
- Access to free and confidential Employment Assistance Program.
- CPI increases annually.
Attractive Salary Package
- Annual Salary, based on 43 weeks per year is between $276,000 to $333,500 (inclusive of superannuation) depending on qualifications and years of experience.
- Relocation assistance
- Private use of a motor vehicle
- Residential accommodation including utilities, Wi-Fi, and Foxtel.
- Total remuneration package is valued at between $356,000 and $413,500.
We are proud to work on Paakintji country. The Oasis of the Outback, Broken Hill is a living, breathing time capsule where the great mining prosperity of yesteryear blends seamlessly with a rising modern art scene, all set amid a sprawling desert landscape. It is a place of huge skies, rocky red earth, and a fascinating and internationally significant history. This historic town is great for all ages and has several day-cares, primary schools, high schools, and TAFE. Beyond Broken Hill and on your doorstep, you can discover spectacular and culturally significant national parks, lush rivers and lakes, abundant wildlife, and other classic towns of outback New South Wales and beyond. Broken Hill has an airport servicing both Qantas and Rex with two-three flights a day from Sydney and Adelaide and is only a 5-hour drive from Adelaide.
Please view our website and see the Strategic Plan, Chronic Disease Strategy and Annual Report at www.maarima.com.au.
Essential Criteria :GPs holding Specialist Registration with AHPRA are eligible for this role.