Nurse Manager- Wilcannia
Manager – Wilcannia Primary Health
Wilcannia, Far West NSW
Incentives for this position
- Retention bonus of $10,000 paid following 1 and 2 years of full-time service
- Fully self-contained rent free accommodation (One bedroom unit, rent free, including internet and electricity).
- Relocation assistance to help you get to Wilcannia
- Home Base travel allowance to keep in touch with your family – $1,000 allowance on completion of each 6 months of service for 2 years.
Manager – Wilcannia Primary Health
A challenging and rewarding opportunity to lead and manage a multidisciplinary team delivering quality primary care services in a remote community 200 kms east of Broken Hill.
The service provides a mix of general practice services in a Medicare environment including Chronic Disease programs supported by a comprehensive range of visiting services along with general community care.
The position provides a variety of management and clinical work. Occasional travel within the region is a requirement of the position.
Salary up to $126,300 gross per annum plus superannuation
(Depending on qualifications and experience)
About Maari Ma Health
Maari Ma Health is an Aboriginal community-controlled regional health service that has been providing a quality service to the Aboriginal people of far western New South Wales for more than 20 years and employs over 140 people within the region.
Maari Ma offers a great range of benefits including:
- Working Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm
- 5 weeks paid annual leave per year
- Christmas Closure including additional paid leave to cover the period (4 days)
- Public holidays off
- Paid accrued day off (up to 12 per year)
- Flexible leave accrual
- Remote allowance
- Generous Salary Packaging, standard up to $15,900 per year. Plus access to Salary Packaging Novated Leasing, Meal Entertainment and Accommodation card and Remote Area Benefits to increase the standard amount you can salary package – full benefits go to the employee.
- Supported advanced education and training and excellent personal development opportunities
- Access to use our accredited health care service for you and your family (conditions apply).
- Access to free and confidential Employment Assistance Program.
- CPI increases annually.
Please view our website and see the Strategic Plan, Chronic Disease Strategy and Annual Report at www.maarima.com.au
APPLY ONLINE – please go to the “Working with us” page of our website. www.maarima.com.au/employment
Wilcannia is a small town located within the Central Darling Shire in north western New South Wales, Australia. Located on the Darling River.
Wilcannia is rich with Aboriginal culture and is full of spirit, history, diversity and character to explore and uncover – an iconic destination for every Australian to visit.
The Barkindji people have called the Maari Ma region home for over 50,000 years and are passionate about sharing their cultural values, history, and sacred places.
The streets are still lined with a remarkable collection of heritage buildings and there’s an emerging movement of local Indigenous artists.
Beyond Wilcannia and on your doorstep, you can immerse yourself in the natural landscape via spectacular national parks with rich First Nations and colonial & pastoral history, lush rivers and lakes, abundant wildlife, and other classic towns of outback New South Wales and beyond.
Located 196kms from Broken Hill.
All Maari Ma Aboriginal Health employees are required to have three doses of a COVID-19 vaccination or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians are encouraged to apply for this position.
Maari Ma acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land in which we live, and we pay our respect to their Elders both past and present and emerging.