Practice / Primary Health Nurse
Job title: Primary Health Nurse
Company: Maari Ma Health Aboriginal Corporation
Location: Broken Hill, New South Wales
Salary: Earn up to $73,000 – $98,000 gross per annum plus superannuation, depending on experience
- Temporary accommodation, up to 4 weeks + Relocation assistance to help you get to Broken Hill
- Working Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm only + 5 weeks paid annual leave per year + Accrued Days Off
- Supported advanced education and training + excellent personal development opportunities.
Summary: Develop in our supportive team working 40 hours a week only. Use your background as a current Australian Registered Nurse to support our community.
About Maari Ma Health Aboriginal Corporation
Maari Ma Health is an Aboriginal community-controlled regional health service that has been providing a quality service to the Aboriginal people of far western New South Wales for more than 20 years and employs over 140 people within the region.
About the role
Our supportive team is on the look-out for an experienced Primary Health Nurse to join us to provide a quality health service to the Aboriginal people of far western New South Wales. Reporting to the Practice Manager of the health service, this full-time opportunity includes key responsibilities such as:
- Coordinating and assisting in a wide variety of treatments and care activities using a patient-centered approach in a general practice clinic.
- Planning and coordination, health assessments, wound care, chronic disease care, vaccinations, procedural operations, and triage.
- Responsible for working across both the clinic and community settings.
- Providing a range of services in the community including, home visits, domiciliary care, and proactive follow-up of Aboriginal people 15 years plus, living with a chronic disease.
- Completing a range of clinical and support functions relating to patient assessment and care in the general practice clinic.
- Being involved using a case management model and working in partnership with Aboriginal Health Practitioners and Trainees.
- Collaborate with our staff in a way that facilitates effective communication, teamwork, and high clinical standards.
- Establish and build lasting relationships with our patients, families, and GP’s.
- Annual salary $73,000 – $98,000 gross per annum plus superannuation, depending on experience.
- Working Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm only, no shift weekend or on call.
- Generous Salary Packaging, standard up to $15,900 per year. Plus, access to Salary Packaging Novated Leasing, Meal Entertainment and Accommodation card and Remote Area Benefits to increase the standard amount you can salary package – full benefits go to the employee.
- Onsite parking, uniform, and further allowances.
- 5 weeks Annual Leave
- Paid accrued days off (up to 12 per year)
- Christmas Closure including additional paid leave to cover the period (4 days)
- Flexible leave accrual
- Public holidays off
- CPI increases annually.
- Access to use our accredited health care service for you and your family (conditions apply)
Skills and experience
- Currently registered with, or eligible to be registered with Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse.
- Have or be prepared to actively pursue authorization an immunization provider in New South Wales.
- Ability to work with Aboriginal staff and communities in a way that fosters mutual respect. Proven experience using clinical IT systems.
- Computing skills relevant to the position and competent in the use of information and communication technology including Microsoft Word, email and internet applications and the ability to quickly acquire skills in other applications.
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear, considerate manner with genuine compassion.
We are proud to work on Paakintji country. The Oasis of the Outback, Broken Hill is a living, breathing time capsule where the great mining prosperity of yesteryear blends seamlessly with a rising modern art scene, all set amid a sprawling desert landscape. It is a place of huge skies, rocky red earth, and a fascinating and internationally significant history. This historic town is great for all ages and has several day-cares, primary schools, high schools, and TAFE. Beyond Broken Hill and on your doorstep, you can discover spectacular and culturally significant national parks, lush rivers and lakes, abundant wildlife, and other classic towns of outback New South Wales and beyond. Broken Hill has an airport servicing both Qantas and Rex with two-three flights a day from Sydney and Adelaide and is only a 5-hour drive from Adelaide.
How to apply
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you! Simply click on “Working with us” page of our website. www.maarima.com.au/employment and follow the prompts. We will get in touch if you are shortlisted for this opportunity.
Please view our website and see the Strategic Plan, Chronic Disease Strategy and Annual Report at www.maarima.com.au
All Maari Ma Aboriginal Health employees are required to have two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians are encouraged to apply for this position.
Maari Ma acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land in which we live, and we pay our respect to their Elders both past and present and emerging.