1 December, 2023
6 October, 2023
Remote General Practitioner, Lajamanu NT
- Competitive salary package of circa $300,000
- Relocation assistance and subsidised housing provided
- Based in Lajamanu, Northern Territory
Apply your Indigenous health expertise in Katherine West Health Board’s (KWHB) remote Lajamanu clinic. Be part of delivering outstanding clinical care and positively impact the community.
KWHB stands as an Aboriginal Medical Service committed to serving approximately 5000 patients residing in remote communities including Lajamanu, Timber Creek, Kalkaringi and Yarralin, aims to enhance the health and overall well-being of the entire Katherine West region.
What’s the role?
- Contribute to comprehensive medical care within a primary health care team
- Manage a diverse caseload encompassing chronic diseases and acute care
- Participate in occasional day visits to satellite clinics; travel may involve both car and plane transportation
What’s in it for you?
- Highly competitive salary package of circa $300,000
- Benefits of relocation assistance and subsidised housing
- Attractive salary sacrifice options and enjoy 6 weeks of annual leave
- Eligibility for Workforce Incentive Program (WIP) MBS payments of up to $60,000 in MM7 locations
- Work-provided vehicle for efficient transportation
- Regular work schedule: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week; no on-call duties or weekend work
- Access NT PHN/RWA NT relocation and educational grant funding
What do you need to apply?
- Current specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Fellow of the RACGP or ACRRM, or possess a minimum of three years’ experience as a GP
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, along with knowledge of current issues impacting Aboriginal communities
- Accreditation or experience as a supervisor of GP registrars is advantageous
- Broad-based primary care experience suitable for independent practice in a rural/remote setting
If you have a passion for remote healthcare, we invite you to apply. Join KWHB in bringing positive change to the lives of the people in the Katherine West region.
How to Apply:
Click APPLY for this exciting opportunity, or for more details contact Barbara at 08 8982 1010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a personalised discussion.