Aboriginal Health Worker – Child and Maternal Health
- Great opportunity for a full-time Aboriginal Health Worker/Practitioner!
- Annual base salary of $84,847 – $89,137 plus Super!
- Accommodation allowance of $6,240, annual airfare allowance, additional paid annual leave and more!
The Ord Valley Aboriginal Health Service has been providing critical health and support services to local Aboriginal people since 1984. Our ambition is to deliver socially, culturally, and financially accessible health care that supports communities in the North-East Kimberley to be strong, healthy and safe. The organisation operates on the foundational pillars of Aboriginal leadership, self-determination and cultural diversity that underpin and shape the way the organisation conducts its business.
About the role
This position provides primary health care including clinical care to clients in the health centre and is responsible for providing support to doctors, nurses, and other allied health staff as well as the community to maintain and promote health care. The position works as part of the OVAHS team in providing quality and patient focused health care and ensuring the focus of care is on the needs of Aboriginal patients within the context of their cultural identity, family, and social circumstances.
Please note: Due to the nature of the Aboriginal Health Practitioner role, applicants must identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander as a genuine occupational qualification in accordance with section 50 (d) of the Equal Opportunity Act (1984).
Salary and benefits package includes:
- Above award-wages: ACCHS Award 2020, Level 4 ($84,847.46 – $89,137.36)
- Rental allowance or subsidised housing (based on availability)
- 12-month Annual Airfare $1,800 on continued service
- 5 weeks accrued Annual leave per annum
- Additional 2-weeks of paid leave over the Christmas closure period, inclusive of public holidays
- Salary Sacrifice greatly increasing take-home pay
- Ongoing professional development
More Information and Job Description:
Contact: Clinical Services Manager on 08 9166 2266 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit the below documents below
- A Cover Letter addressing each of the selection criteria (located within the attached job description)
- A current CV/Resume along with the names of a least two referees