Aboriginal Health Worker Trainee / Practitioner
The Aboriginal Medical Service Redfern (AMS) was established in 1971 and was the first Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (ACCHO) in Australia. We are a multi-disciplinary health care facility with Medical, Chronic Care, Drug & Alcohol, Mental Health, Dental and Public Health units. We work together to provide a high level of patient care whilst servicing our local community needs.
Do you want to:
- make a difference to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community in Redfern?
- work as part of an experienced team supporting the delivery of high quality services?
- leave your mark on an organisation?
We are seeking Aboriginal Health Workers/practitioners to assist in providing clinical and primary health care to our community. Our Aboriginal Health Workers/practitioners work in a multidisciplinary health team to facilitate patient centred cultural appropriate care.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care with AHPRA Registration (Aboriginal Health Practitioner position)
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Good understanding of issues related to Aboriginal social and emotional wellbeing
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and respectfully when engaging with Aboriginal people
- Hold a current Driver’s Licence.
Please send a current resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria to email@example.com
Applicants are required to have the right to work in Australia. Police checks form part of the recruitment process.
Aboriginality is considered a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under Section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.