Aboriginal Traineeship Program Coordinator
Location: Boorloo (Highgate, Perth)
Employment Type: Full Time
Employment Category: Fixed Term to 31 December 2023
Remuneration: $68,286.08 – $76,527.51 per annum pro rata + superannuation + salary sacrifice
The Traineeship Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Indigenous Health Workforce Traineeship (IHWT) Program across the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHS) in Western Australia.
The IHWT Program is designed to:
- Increase the number of skilled Aboriginal people working in the Aboriginal primary health care sector;
- Create viable career pathways in the primary health care sector for Aboriginal people, and;
- Build the capacity of ACCHS to provide culturally appropriate health care to Aboriginal people.
To view the full position description and selection criteria, click here or visit https://www.ahcwa.org.au
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Aboriginality is an essential criterion and is provided for in accordance with section 50(d) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA).
- Experience in program/project administration, recruitment, training and development or a related field.
- Well-developed administrative skills, including strong attention to detail, accuracy and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with applicants, external organisations, management and employees at all levels of the organisation.
- Highly organised with the ability to effectively plan and coordinate own workload.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to draft correspondence, edit documents and write reports.
- Proficiency in the use of business technology and desktop applications; including the use of Microsoft office packages and internet database packages.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold the principles of cultural safety including an ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Ideally, in addition to be above, we are looking for someone who has:
- Experience working in Aboriginal Health.
- An understanding of the challenges and issues including social determinants affecting Aboriginal people’s health in contemporary Australian society.
Please note: In addition to the above skills and experience, the successful candidate will require an unrestricted WA “C” Class Driver’s Licence, and be required to submit a National Police Clearance (dated within 3 months) prior to appointment.
In accordance with AHCWA’s COVID-19 Safety Policy and Procedure, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated (including any booster shots if required) against COVID-19. Applicants will be required to demonstrate proof of vaccination prior to appointment. This includes either an immunisation history statement or a COVID-19 digital certificate.
About the Benefits
While you will face diverse new challenges in the role, you will also enjoy an attractive remuneration package including a base salary of $68,286.08 – $76,527.51 per annum pro rata plus superannuation. You’ll also gain access to generous salary packaging options, which will greatly increase your take home pay. In addition, you will have access to a number of fantastic benefits including:
- Flexible work arrangements and a family friendly work environment
- Support to further invest in your career through additional training and development
- Up to 10 days’ Study Leave per year
- 17.5% Annual Leave loading
- Bring Your Dog To Work Day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Up to 2 days’ Volunteer Leave per year
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
Please note there is no closing date for this position. Applications will be assessed on submission and interviews scheduled accordingly. We encourage interested candidates to express their interest without delay!
For further information about this position please call Bianca Sherlock, People and Culture Administrator on 08 9227 1631 or firstname.lastname@example.org.