Administrator – Business Services
About the Organisation
The Derbarl Yerrigan Health Service Aboriginal Corporation (DYHS) was established in 1974 and is the largest Aboriginal community-controlled health service provider in Western Australia, providing care to over 20,000 Aboriginal patients across four clinics in East Perth, Mirrabooka, Maddington and Midland.
Our staff enable the delivery of culturally responsive primary health services, focusing on prevention, early intervention, comprehensive care and care coordination including chronic disease management.
About the Role
A new opportunity has become available for a customer focused and proactive Administrator to join the DYHS team at our Corporate Headquarters.
Reporting to and working closely with the Business Services Director you will have a strong focus on supporting the delivery of support services to the whole of organisation.
The successful candidate will have excellent coordination and time management, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and be highly adaptable in a busy and fluid work environment.
The role will be varied, no week will be the same and will include but not be limited to:
- Being a central point of contact for all the business services managers and Business Services Director;
- Being comfortable communicating and liaising with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Coordinating projects and initiatives to support operational goals;
- Preparing reports, briefing papers and other documents for stakeholders;
- Coordinating and overseeing meetings and ensuring timely preparation of meeting papers, agendas, minute taking and action items;
- Developing networks and relationships with internal team members, bodies, vendors, partners and contractors.
We’re seeking candidates, with the following:
- Relevant qualifications in business administration or equivalent industry experience.
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to manage time, work output and priorities and handle a range of tasks with competing priorities within tight timelines.
- Awareness of/sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history, knowledge of current issues affecting the lives of Aboriginal people and a willingness to incorporate Aboriginal values into clinical practice.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with sensitive and confidential duties.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate tasks, work independently and in a team environment.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Experience in a similar role involving the facilitation of minutes and agendas and provision of high-level support at senior management level.
- Current Full WA Drivers Licence.
- A WA National Police Clearance that is not older than six months.
- COVID 19 Vaccination (Fully Vaccinated).
A competitive salary commensurate with relevant qualifications, skills and experience is on offer for the right candidate.
As a public benevolent institution, DYHS offers salary packaging up to $15,900. Other entitlements include study leave, long service leave after 7 years, 12 days of personal leave per year, NAIDOC Day holiday and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply:
Please apply through SEEK, applications must include:
- Current Resume including current contact details; and
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria (2 pages maximum) outlining your suitability for the role.
Please note that shortlisting will commence immediately.
Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Derbarl Yerrigan Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Institution embracing diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and welcome applications from all backgrounds. DYHS promotes a workplace free from discrimination and harassment.
Derbarl Yerrigan Health Services Corporation reserves the right to contact current or most recent employer and evaluate past employment records of applicants selected for interview. DYHS reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay final selection if it is deemed that applications for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool. Derbarl Yerrigan Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is committed to a smoke free environment across all buildings, grounds and vehicles.