Advanced Health Worker (Identified)
Location: Townsville Hospital and Health
Generous remuneration package value up to $86,645 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $2722.20 to $2910.80 p.f. (HW4)
- Annual leave with relevant leave loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Eligible Health Workers who move to Queensland to take up permanent employment may receive up to $20,000 incentive payments under the Queensland Health Workforce Attraction Incentive Scheme
The primary purpose of this position is to facilitate effective, coordinated and culturally capable health care for First Nation patients, their families, and carers by following up in the community and linking in with appropriate services depending on patient needs.
Under s25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be indigenous to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of First Nation cultures, protocols, and history, as well as demonstrated experience in engaging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and consultation skills, including demonstrated ability to:
- Liaise and negotiate with First Nation communities and health professionals in the Townsville Hospital and Health Service for the development, planning and implementation of culturally capable health services.
- Provide health education and support to the patients of the health services.
- Advocate and mediate on behalf of First Nations patients, carers and families using culturally effective strategies.
- Demonstrated work cross-culturally with non-indigenous professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Knowledge of or ability to acquire knowledge of relevant medical terminology.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, co-ordinate and implement access pathways for First Nation health programs including the ability to network with key stakeholders to achieve program objectives.
Enquiries: Sammy-Jo Kupfer on 07 4433 2945
Job Ad Reference: TV519728
Application Details: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-TV519728
Closing Date: Sunday 26 November 2023