AOD Catchment Planner
- Based in Wodonga or Wangaratta
- Part time Ongoing 0.4 EFT
- Work for a dynamic, family-friendly and inclusive NFP organisation
Gateway Health is a community health service providing health and welfare services to individuals, families and communities across north east Victoria and parts of southern New south Wales. We are a not-for-profit Company limited by guarantee and a registered Community Health Service under the Health Services Act 1988 (Vic).
The organisation employs over 380 staff providing a range of primary health and community services across the Ovens Murray region in North East Victoria and parts of Southern New South Wales. Gateway Health serves all people, and is committed to improving individual and population health outcomes. We do this by providing health care and support to individuals and communities in times of need, and by actively working with our partners to address the social and environmental determinants of health.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Program sits within Gateway Health and is funded by the Department of Health and Murray Primary Health Network. The Program aims to make it as easy as possible for a person and their family to get the help they need with an alcohol and/other drug concern. It’s an amazing team to be a member of as we work across many program areas within Gateway Health.
We are seeking a highly motivated and committed professional who is an authentic people leader committed to the development and delivery of the AOD Service in Gateway Health and beyond into the Ovens and Murray Catchment area.
In a dynamic environment, the AOD Catchment Planner is a key specialist who will work in partnership with all relevant agencies in the Oven’s Murray region, across multiple sectors and service streams to improve access and responses to people with AOD issues. It will facilitate the development, review and monitoring of the AOD Oven’s Murray Catchment Plan, as well as supporting the agreed priorities with key stakeholders.
Are you the right candidate that we are looking for?
- Holds specialist skills to apply appropriate and effective service planning, development and implementation consultancy to Gateway Health executives and partnership organisation’s.
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills to effectively assess and mitigate current AOD practices and service design to achieve successful cross sector outcomes
- Effectively monitor and review AOD program/projects for clients and staff and impact on current business activities ensuring appropriate service design and strategies will be realised.
If you are passionate and experienced in the AOD sector and enjoy shaping the programs and services for all people and their families, we are keen for you to join us!
Community Health Centre (Stand Alone Services) Social and Community Service Employees Multi Enterprise Agreement 2022
Classification Level 5
GATEWAY HEALTH CULTURE
Gateway Health promotes a learning culture that encourages innovation and initiative and recognises our staff as our greatest asset. Gateway Health is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We believe that a workforce that recognises and celebrates diversity will best meet the health and well-being needs of all people we serve within our community.
GATEWAY HEALTH BENEFITS
- Work within a supportive team environment
- Laptop, mobile phone with remote access on and offsite
- Generous Not For Profit Salary Packaging A$15,900 tax free
- Flexible hours and arrangements, for a work-life balance that works for you
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development + ongoing training and support provided
- Free car parking
- Fitness Passport – a discounted workplace health and fitness program for you and your family
- Access to regular external supervision debriefing with Employee Assistance Program (EAP) support available as needed, together with Group Supervision and Wellness activities.
- Access to our free confidential counselling service through EAP for staff and their family
- Corporate health insurance cover to keep you healthy
- Access to annual vaccination program
- Discounted Health Insurance
- A suite of employee reward and recognition programs
For a confidential chat about the position please call Maryanne Donnellan 0428901863
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Gateway Health we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every selection criteria and/or qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY 27th August 2023
Gateway Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We believe that a workforce that recognises and celebrates diversity will best meet the health and well-being needs of all people we serve including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples; people with disability, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and gender diverse people, intersex people, people experiencing health inequalities, and culturally and linguistically diverse people.
Please Note – should you be successful, you are required to undergo a:
- Criminal History Check
- Working With Children Check
- Evidence of Vaccinations
- Proof of your eligibility to work in Australia (provide either – birth certificate, passport. VISA, etc)
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process.
All personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.