Bringing Them Home (BTH) Therapeutic Support Worker
Albury Wodonga Aboriginal Health Service
Bringing Them Home Therapeutic Support Worker
- Casual position- 30 hours per week
- $30.39 per hour + casual loading + 11% superannuation
- This is an Aboriginal position requiring proof of identity.
AWAHS provides a wide range of services to the local communities including counselling support for Aboriginal people experiencing spiritual, emotional, and psychological pain.
This important role will provide services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who have been affected by the impact of past trauma, dispossession, separation of families, ongoing social disadvantage, racism, and other historical, social and cultural issues that impact on social and emotional wellbeing.
You’ll play a crucial role in supporting the healing journey of individuals impacted by historical removal policies, especially those from the Stolen Generations. Your focus will be on understanding their unique needs and challenges and offering compassionate counselling and additional assistance to enhance their social and emotional well-being. Your work will prioritize the well-being of those who have endured these past injustices.
To be considered for the role, you will be able to demonstrate the following experience and abilities:
- Experience with working with Aboriginal people in a Community service setting and/or qualifications in Counselling, community services or Mental Health at the Certificate IV level or higher.
- You should understand the challenges faced by the “Stolen Generations,” which refers to Indigenous Australian children who were forcibly removed from their families.
- You must be skilled at working with Aboriginal clients in a comprehensive way, considering their physical, emotional, and social well-being.
- You should have experience in managing cases, which involves thinking critically and analytically.
- You must have practical experience in dealing with issues like child sexual abuse, family violence, and related psychological problems, using a client-focused and trauma-informed approach.
- Building strong relationships with clients and relevant partners is essential, so you should be good at engaging with people.
If you care deeply about making a meaningful difference in the lives of those navigating loss, grief, trauma, identity, and connection, we invite you to apply. Your empathy and experience can be a source of healing and delivering positive outcomes for our clients.
Please contact Chiquita Walsh for a Position Description or a confidential discussion.
Chiquita.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0414 713 430