Burraja Support Worker
Albury Wodonga Aboriginal Health Service
Burraja Support Worker – Casual
- Hands on assistant at Wodonga’s leading cultural hub
- Assist in the delivery of Aboriginal cultural programs
- $40 per hour (casual) + superannuation + salary packaging
As the growing need arises for tailored cultural programs on the border an exciting opportunity exists for an experienced support worker to join the team at Burraja.
Burraja Indigenous Cultural Centre was established in 2002 as a place for connection, continuation of culture and education. In acknowledgement to the founders, we look to continue their legacy whilst celebrating the world’s oldest culture through connection, storytelling and program delivery that promotes wellbeing and community cohesion.
If you have a passion for working with community and have a hands on approach to assisting and developing cultural education programs in partnership with Traditional Owner’s, Elders and the broader community then this is the job for you.
We seek someone to:
- Assist the Burraja Coordinator with delivering programs and cultural education to groups including schools, organisations, businesses and other groups wanting to learn and gain a broader understanding and connection with the world’s oldest culture
- Work with and consult local community, Traditional Owners and Elders for guidance around the delivery cultural programs
- Promote Burraja to the wider community as premier cultural hub
- Support and empower program participants
- Represent Burraja positively and enthusiastically at all times
You will need:
- An outgoing positive personality with interest in your culture and heritage, and enthusiasm for listening to and learning culture from Traditional owners and Elders.
- Experience in working in Aboriginal programs, including evaluation, administration and report writing skills.
- Understanding and respect of local Aboriginal protocols
- Willingness to work in teams and be actively involved in a wide range of group activities.
- A commitment to community development and broad collaborative involvement in cultural programs
- Proof of Aboriginality, Driver’s licence, Police Check and Working With Children’s clearance. (NSW and Vic would be advantageous)
This is a rare opportunity to connect with community and to work for an organisation where culture and wellbeing is celebrated.
Please contact Chiquita on Chiquita.email@example.com or 0414 713430 for a Position Description or more information.