Chief Executive Officer
- Key strategic role
- Lead organisation into next exciting phase
- Cairns based
Wuchopperen Health Service Limited is a community connected and controlled organisation with a solid history of providing holistic health and wellbeing services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Cairns and surrounding districts.
Reporting to the Board, our client is seeking high performing candidates for the role of CEO who have demonstrated energy, confidence and maturity to navigate an increasingly complex operating environment while dealing effectively with a range of stakeholder needs. A key focus of the role will be the successful delivery of the Wuchopperen strategy and include:
- Providing leadership and mentoring of the Executive Leadership Team
- Supporting policy and risk frameworks
- Financial and infrastructure stewardship
- Ensuring employee and volunteer wellbeing
- Developing and sustaining valued relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including community, clients, staff, government and non-government sectors
- Enhancing the research agenda of the organisation and identifying and establishing research partnerships and opportunities
- Development and implementation of key strategic goals and priorities
As the successful candidate, you will be a dynamic and results focused leader who has successfully led complex community-responsive organisations, preferably in an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled Service Environment, with exemplar judgement and demonstrated governance understanding across both strategic and political insights.
You will also be able to demonstrate a historical and contemporary knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and cultures including the ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and effectively advocate and articulate their interests.
A tertiary qualification in commerce, business, human services, health or related discipline is essential to the role, as is a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior executive role. Other specific requirements are outlined in Position Description.
For details of the Position Description visit www.vuca.com.au/whs For further enquiries, contact VUCA Senior Associate Paul Bell on 0412 552 302 for a confidential discussion during business hours. Please forward your letter of application and CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 18 June 2023.