Chief Executive Officer
Work collaboratively with the Board to provide strategic direction and lead the teams to improve health outcomes and services for the Utopia community
- Join one of Australia’s oldest Aboriginal controlled health services in the NT
- Located in the Utopia homelands at Amengernterneah, Sandover NT 0872
- Supporting our communities with culturally appropriate leadership
About the Organisation
Formally registered with ORIC in 1979, Urapuntja Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is one of the oldest community controlled health services in the Northern Territory. The central Health Service is located in the beautiful ghost gum country of the Utopia Homelands at Amengernterneah (pronounced Amung-un-dun-un) approximately 270 kilometres north east of Alice Springs. Immerse yourself in aboriginal culture and experience our amazing Country while leading dedicated teams to provide the highest standard of comprehensive health care to the First Nations people of Utopia Homelands.
About the Opportunity
Urapuntja Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is seeking a Chief Executive Officer for a permanent on-site role at our central health precinct located 270 kilometres NE of Alice Springs on the Urapuntja Homelands.
The role leads the organisation to collaboratively deliver the highest quality of primary health, social and emotional wellbeing and mental health care to the remote Urapuntja Homelands whilst maintaining oversight of facilities and operational support to ensure the operational effectiveness of the service is maintained.
The role of CEO must reside and work within the Urapuntja Homelands. It is not considered that fly in/fly out or “off-site” arrangements are suitable for this position
We have modern infrastructure, exceptional team members, comprehensive benefits, conditions and pay. Our greatest asset is our Aboriginal Traditional Owners and our Aboriginal staff, who provide guidance and support in every aspect of our service.
The Health Service offers some of the most comprehensive employment benefits in Australia:
- Base Salary between $221,000 and $249,000 plus superannuation, depending upon qualifications and experience
- Up to 8% in retention bonuses
- yearly salary increases
- paid travel allowance (as required)
- comprehensive salary packaging which may include everyday living; meals and entertainment; mortgage and loans; electronic devices; novated leasing and superannuation
- 6 weeks annual leave per annum
- 4 weeks remote area leave per annum
- 12 rostered days off per annum
- professional development and 2 weeks study leave per annum
- paid relocation assistance
Free Accommodation in the Urapuntja Health Precinct
- Comfortable fully furnished accommodation situated in our beautiful and peaceful Ghost Gum country
- Free mobile broadband and landline phone service
- Free utilities including power and water
- Fenced yard (pets permitted)
Employee entitlements are subject to the Urapuntja Health Services Enterprise Agreement 2018-2022.
To be considered for the Chief Executive Officer role with the Health Service you must:
- Hold tertiary qualifications in business or a relevant field, or equivalent experience leading business functions (strategic, financial, human resources, governance, quality assurance and service delivery)
- Five (5) plus years proven senior management experience overseeing operations of medium/large organisations within budget and compliance with legal obligations and funding agreements
- Extensive experience developing and maintain positive relationships with local indigenous communities, government departments and key stakeholders
- Experience developing, implementing and monitoring strategic activities, in consultation with a Board of Directors or other stakeholders with decision making authority.
- Strong client relationship and people management skills, with the proven ability to develop trust and credibility and drive excellence
- Knowledge of the industry, market changes and forces that influence the organisation
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills with ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities with proven ability to analyse processes and ensure continuous improvement
- Ability to generate ideas for business improvement
- High levels of enthusiasm, energy and resourcefulness
- High degree of accountability and attention to detail
- Understanding of and experience with Aboriginal community controlled health sector well regarded
National Police Clearance (within 3 months), approved COVID-19 vaccination, NT Ochre Card (working with children) check and Open drivers licence is mandatory for this role
Our Footprint and Facilities:
Urapuntja Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is the not-for-profit administrative body responsible for the health, social and emotional wellbeing service delivery to the Anmatyerre and Alyawarra speaking people living on the Angarapa and Alyawarra Land Trusts. The Health Service provides these services to a population of approximately 600 to 1000 permanent residents.
The Health Service is located 270 kilometres NE of Alice Springs along the Sandover Highway, and delivers outreach services to 16 communities spread across >3,000 sq/km. It has a modern central health clinic incorporating social and emotional wellbeing centre/precinct with consultation and training rooms; mens and womens centre; garage; gym; cinema room; recreation areas; commercial kitchen plus much more.
Check out our website at https://www.urapuntja.org.au/
How to Apply:
Please apply directly through the Seek portal at – https://www.seek.com.au/job/68909898
Your application must include:
- a covering letter highlighting your related experience working in a similar role and your interest in this particular role
- a comprehensive resume detailing your previous experience and qualifications.
Applications welcomed immediately but to be received no later than Friday 18 August 2023.
If selected for interview, applicants will be expected to provide “portfolio” of examples to demonstrate their capacity to meet the essential elements of this position.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.