Chief Executive Officer
Full Time | Ongoing | Perth, WA | $185,000 – $205,000 + Super
Aboriginality is an essential requirement and is provided for in accordance with section 50(d) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA).
About the organisation
The newly formed Council of Aboriginal Services Western Australia (CASWA) is the Western Australian Peak Body that leads and supports Aboriginal community-controlled organisations to deliver services that have a positive impact on outcomes and build the strength and empowerment of Aboriginal people and their communities across WA.
CASWA will do this through:
- Policy development and advice to government and other stakeholders informed by sector consultation and research
- Representations of ACCOs and advocacy to government and other key stakeholders
- Information dissemination
- Capacity-building and sector development
About the role
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be responsible for establishing the Peak and providing strategic leadership and operational management to meet the strategic objectives of the organisation efficiently and effectively.
This role will be responsible for the provision of comprehensive, high quality, culturally appropriate and compliant services to its membership in accordance with the organisation’s Constitution, organisational vision, mission, and values. The CEO will build and maintain a positive and strong profile for CASWA, its Member ACCOs, and the WA ACCO sector.
For a full list of responsibilities, please contact Pipeline talent at email@example.com.
You will be an experienced senior executive in the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community who can provide strong leadership and is confident in your ability to engage and communicate sensitively with Indigenous people, members of the Indigenous wellbeing sector and a range of other key stakeholders. Your strong personal attributes are transparency, honesty, empathy and high integrity and you value collaboration. You can bring enthusiasm, strong influential skills, and a passion for cultural transformation which will support you with your professional skills in establishing the new Peak in WA. You will have a strong skillset in governance and have experience working closely with Boards.
You will also be passionate about making a difference in the life of Aboriginal communities through the delivery of quality and equitable services to CASWA’s member ACCO’s. Ideally, you will have experience in the social services sector and an understanding of the Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations sector in Western Australia.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the impacts across different social determinants affecting the diverse Aboriginal Communities across WA.
- Demonstrated senior executive leadership in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Proven experience at executive level in developing high performance workplace culture, organisational capability, leading and implementing change, financial and risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to pursue and develop networks and partnerships within the sector and government to improve outcomes for Aboriginal people and their communities.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities, with the capability to think strategically and conceptually.
- An understanding of the Peaks and an ability to transfer this knowledge and your previous leadership experience to support you to establish a new Peak Body.
What we can offer you
- Opportunity to work as the inaugural CEO for a newly formed Peak Body in WA
- Attractive Salary Package
- Hybrid working arrangements
How to apply
All applications must be made in writing and include the following:
- Up to date CV
- Cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the six (6) selection criteria above, outlining why you have applied for the position and how you meet the requirements of the position.
Applications are to be submitted via the Pipeline Talent website: https://www.pipelinetalent.com.au/candidates/browse-job-vacancies/chief-executive-officer-2/
Applications must be received by midnight, Monday 21 August 2023.
Unfortunately, late submissions will not be accepted.
How to get more information
For further information on the position, please contact the team at Pipeline Talent.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Ph: (02) 8001 6603 or 0476 538 307.