Chief Executive Officer
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (ABORIGINAL IDENTIFIED)
The Bullinah Aboriginal Health Service (Bullinah) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service situated in Ballina, with services outreaching to Cabbage Tree Island, Wardell and surrounding regions. Bullinah is responsible for providing a safe, friendly, confidential and culturally appropriate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander primary health care service in line with community needs and consistent with relevant National and State Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health frameworks.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, you will work alongside the community and the Bullinah team in an ethical and passionate manner and in accordance with our vision, mission, objectives and policies ensuring the highest quality of services are delivered
Your focus in this position will be to build and maintain a strong corporate identity, a sense of common purpose, financially security and an operational infrastructure that ensures stability, independence and opportunities for innovation and growth.
As a courageous leader, you will be skilled at building impactful relationships with our partners, clients, community and the Bullinah team. Your passion for delivering quality primary health care and social and emotional wellbeing outcomes for all is evident and your ability to bring people along on the journey sets you apart from the rest.
This is an identified position. You must be an Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander person to be considered for this role.
You will need a knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues, particularly in the health area which are affecting Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people and a demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people.
You will also need:
- Demonstrated senior level experience in a health-related field and/or business administration and proven managerial skills including experience in human, financial and physical resource management, program planning and coordination, community development, and developing and leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Exceptional leadership with the ability to utilise a “power to and power with” approach
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the application of best practice governance and ethical standards.
Appointment to this position will be subject to a National Criminal History Record Check clearance. Two reference checks will be required including one recent supervisor.
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary plus super and a company vehicle (with reasonable private use). Non-profit status with salary sacrifice available to reduce tax and increase your take home pay
- An opportunity to really make a difference to the communities we serve
- Beautiful Northern Rivers location with relocation assistance available
To find out more or request a full position description please contact Kelli Dragos, Abundance Human Resources on 0419 419 554.
The closing date for this role is 9.00am on Monday, 7 November 2022.