CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO)
- Riverina Medical and Dental Aboriginal Corporation, Wagga Wagga NSW
- Attractive executive salary plus car
Riverina Medical and Dental Aboriginal Corporation (RivMed), based on Wiradjuri country, is owned and controlled by the local Aboriginal community. As an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service (ACCHS) and registered Out of Home Care (OOHC) provider, RivMed delivers culturally appropriate primary health care and family support services in the NSW Riverina region. The Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations (ORIC) placed RivMed under special administration in February 2022 to initiate and ensure corporate reform in preparation for the return of the corporation to member control.
RivMed seeks to appoint a new Chief Executive Officer, reporting to the Board, to strengthen the leadership, clinical service delivery, commercial management, financial performance and strategic development of the organisation.
Expressions of interest are invited from experienced executives to lead RivMed in its important role in improving the health and well-being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the region. Applicant skills and experience sought include:
- Experience in a senior leadership capacity in community clinical health, ideally with an Aboriginal medical, health or family services organisation.
- Strong commercial skills, including grant and operations management, budgeting and financial reporting.
- Success in relationship management with funding agencies, service regulators, peak bodies, strategic partners and community bodies.
- Strategic approach with the vision to develop the organisation’s capability as an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service.
- Proven team building, mentoring, communication, engagement and motivation skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in clinical, business, finance or community services disciplines.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged, but this is not a designated/identified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander appointment.
Previous applicants to this position are encouraged to reapply.
Applications in the form of a brief resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org please, quoting ref #4575. Suitable candidates will be supplied with a candidate brief and invited to submit responses to selection criteria later in the recruitment process.
For more information, contact Keith Mackay of KMSearch on 07 3289 6071 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close 12 noon 22 April 2022.