- Key Executive member
- Provide clinical leadership
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Health Service (VAHS) was established in 1973 to address the specific medical needs of Victorian Aboriginal communities. 2023 marks as a landmark year as VAHS proudly celebrate it’s 50-year of providing a comprehensive range of medical, dental, allied health and social services for our Community.
As well as providing a variety of medical services, VAHS is committed to supporting the well-being of the Community through contributions to community events and activities. VAHS is also committed to assisting research into the ongoing needs of the Community.
VAHS is a child safe organisation, committed to child safety and wellbeing, and recruits’ staff in accordance with the Child Safe Standards Victoria.
About the Opportunity
The Clinical Director is part of the VAHS Executive Leadership Team and provides clinical, public health, strategic leadership, advice, and expertise to the VAHS Board, CEO, Executive Team, Senior Management Team and staff.
The role is responsibility for leading the clinical direction of VAHS, and providing clinical oversight of the development, delivery, and quality of VAHS primary health care services.
Key Selection Criteria
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- Fellow of Royal Australian College of General Practitioners + MPH or equivalent, or Fellow of the Australasian Faculty of Public Health Medicine, and Unconditional registration through AHPRA
- Demonstrated senior management experience in a comparable not for profit, government, or private sector organisation
- Understanding of and commitment to the Aboriginal Community
- Understanding of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services and the issues facing these organisations
- Demonstrated experience in networking and liaising with relevant Commonwealth and State government departments and agencies, as well as non-government organisations
- High level experience in Aboriginal health policy and an understanding of holistic health
- Previous experience in health-related data management including population health needs assessment, strategic population health planning and program/service evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including GPs, researchers, service managers and community representatives
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyse complex material, summarise key issues and develop innovative and creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to prepare technical, descriptive, analytical population health summarise and reports, including presenting data in meaningful formats
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- At least three Covid19 vaccinations
How to Apply
You will need a resume and a tailored cover letter outlining your skills, experience, and suitability for the role. Please forward your application to Employment@vahs.org.au before Wednesday 9pm, 30 November 2022.