ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
We are a proud Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (ACCHO) with a 30-year history of delivering sustainable, grassroots services and providing the local community with a vehicle for self-determination. We provide Health, Family, Early Years and Wellbeing services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their families in the Mallee region of northwest Victoria.
Our vision is for: “Self-determined, healthy, robust and culturally strong Aboriginal communities across the Mallee region.”
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role will be the chief governance specialist in the organisation and the Board relies on this role to provide advice and implement good governance polices. The Company Secretary, with the support of the Board Administration, supports the effectiveness of the Board of Directors and Board Committees by monitoring and ensuring that Board policy and procedures are followed, and provides advice on the alignment between strategy, governance, legislation, and policies. They are also responsible for ensuring quality and timely distribution of Board and Committee agendas and papers.
For a full list of capabilities, please contact Pipeline Talent for a position description at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Company Secretary – Mallee District Aboriginal Services – Mildura enquiry via EthicalJobs.
You will ideally have prior experience working in a non-for-profit or non-government organisation with three years’ experience in governance and policy. You will have strong commercial astuteness and a strong track record of great stakeholder engagement and management skills built on trust and respect. This role requires self-motivation to work without direction when required and to be the keeper of confidential information with the highest of integrity, morals and ethics.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the impacts of European settlement and the subsequent social determinants affecting the wider Aboriginal Community and in particular the Aboriginal communities of the Mallee District.
- Legal experience, particularly in overseeing a company’s compliance program and ensuring all company legislative obligations are met.
- Finance experience – strong financial acumen and ability to provide good financial advice.
- Proven experience within high level governance administration and/or policy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, positive interpersonal skills and commitment to health in the context of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Understanding of not-for-profits and experience working with Boards and experience in providing high level strategic advice and direction.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary with 17.5% leave loading
- Salary packaging available dependant on terms of employment.
- Early finishes every Friday at 4pm, and 1 hour lunch breaks each day.
- 5 Health and Wellbeing Days of additional leave each year for part -time staff.
- Access to ongoing training and opportunities for professional development around our Cultural Safety and mandatory training provided by the organisation.
- Social and team events
- 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Program providing professional assistance for personal and work-related issues.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted via our website through the “Apply Now” button.
Your application should include:
- a cover letter [maximum four pages] responding to the six selection criteria as detailed above.
- an up-to-date CV of no more than five pages which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this role.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
HOW TO GET MORE INFORMATION
Additional information is available in the role description or by contacting the team at Pipeline Talent.
Email: email@example.com using the subject line: Company Secretary – Mallee District Aboriginal Services – Mildura enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Ph: (02) 8001 6603 or 0476 538 307.