Djandak Business Manager
Fulltime | Contract up to 3 years | Bendigo/Central Victoria | $115-125k + super
Dja Dja Wurrung Enterprises Ltd strongly encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
About the organisation
Dja Dja Wurrung enterprises Pty Ltd (DDWE) is the business solely owned by Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation (DDWCAC). Trading as Djandak, provide a range of natural resource, environmental conservation and landscape development and management services aligned to the aspirations and rights of the Dja Dja Wurrung as the recognised Traditional Owners of an area of central Victoria. Djandak compliments the services provided by Dumawul in creative arts, tourism, and education, together enabling achievement of the Dhelkunya Dja Country Plan.
About the role
The Djandak Business Manager will lead business development and oversee all aspects of operational management, including collaboration with aligned Djarra Enterprises to achieve the DDWE Business Plan with the responsibility of the overall success of the Djandak business unit.
With duties including but not limited to:
- Providing leadership, management, and supervision to Djandak staff
- Maintaining oversight of profit/loss for the Djandak operations, preparation and management of budgets and preparation of reports that meets governance standards.
- Leading and implementing business development activities, and operational/service projects
- Implementing effective quality standards for services and products
- Ensure corporate standards, ethics, policies, and procedures are employed effectively
The Djandak Business Manager will demonstrate understanding and knowledge of the importance of Country to Traditional Owners and the recognition of Dja Dja Wurrung as the Tradition Owners of Central Victoria. They will have a genuine respect and appreciation for Aboriginal People and their culture, as well as a commitment to the Dja Dja Wurrung culture and Aboriginal self-determination. To be successful in this role you possess qualities such as strong decision-making skills, a high ethical standard, confidentiality, integrity, motivation, and an understanding of regulatory requirements for the delivery of consumer services.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Extensive experience in business management, NRM, consulting or related field.
- Proven ability to lead a diverse workforce to achieve business outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in Traditional Owner enterprise or policy/strategy development
- Track record of developing sustainable business models
- High level communication and interpretation skills and ability to relate to a range of stakeholders when providing information.
- Practical experience in the management of complex stakeholder relationships, particularly across all levels of Government
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver on concurrent projects while managing budgets and prioritising deadlines
- Track record of business development
The successful applicant must possess and maintain a current Victorian Manual Driver License and be prepared to work predominantly across the Dja Dja Wurrung Recognition and Settlement Agreement Area and other locations (such as Melbourne) from time to time.
What we can offer you
- Attractive salary
- Work Vehicle
- Benefits of DDWCAC
How to apply
All applications must be made in writing and include the following:
- Up to date CV
- Cover letter (maximum 3 pages) outlining why you have applied for the position and how you meet the 8 key selection criteria requirements of the position.
Applications are to be emailed to email@example.com subject line “Dja Dja Wurrung – Djandak Business Manager”.
How to get more information
For further information on the position, please contact the team at Pipeline Talent.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 8001 6603.