Challenging & Rewarding Leadership Role for Experienced or Endorsed Midwife
Employment Type: Permanent
Employment Category: Full-time
Remuneration: $ 110, 560.65 to $ 121, 033.12 per annum (Base) + Superannuation
Benefits: Furnished accommodation, 6 weeks annual leave, Salary Sacrifice up to $15,900
About the Opportunity
Puntukurnu Aboriginal Medical Service (PAMS) is about to launch our Upstream Health Project – A long-term strategy to transform the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal women and children living in this stunning part of WA. We are seeking a Midwife (preferably Endorsed) with a sense of adventure and deep respect for Aboriginal peoples and their cultures to provide on-the-ground leadership of this project.
Reporting to the Project Coordinator Upstream Health (located in Perth) and with clinical supervision to support transition into this role, the Endorsed Midwife is responsible for providing on-the-ground leadership of the Upstream Health Program including implementing an enhanced model of maternal and infant care that is culturally secure, trauma-informed and provides continuity of care wherever possible
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Current registration as a Midwife with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and empathise with First Nations people living in remote communities;
- Current significant experience in providing midwifery care that is culturally appropriate, trauma-informed and attachment-based;
- Team leadership experience, preferably in a remote setting;
- Demonstrated ability to apply innovative solutions to complex problems in an unpredictable work environment;
- Demonstrated competence in community-based, group facilitation,
- Effective communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal, and
- Demonstrated high level of professional integrity with regard to client privacy and confidentiality, ethics and creating a culturally safe environment.
Note: Desirable Criteria apply (as per Job Description).
The position involves working with a multicultural organisation where the majority of staff, clients and stakeholders identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
As per section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) PAMS actively seeks to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our clients and stakeholders and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
As per Section 30 of the Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cth), PAMS seeks to employ a female Endorsed Midwife for the effective and culturally appropriate delivery of services to the Martu and Nyiyaparli people.
Please note: In addition to the above skills and experience, relevant licences and eligibility criteria apply (as per the Job Description).
About the Benefits
While you will face diverse new challenges in the role, you will also enjoy an attractive remuneration package including a base salary of $ 110, 560.65 to $ 121, 033.12 per annum plus superannuation. You’ll also gain access to generous salary packaging options, which will greatly increase your take home pay. In addition, you will have access to a number of fantastic benefits including:
- Fully furnished accommodation with subsidised utilities.
- Relocation Assistance
- Salary Package up to $15,900 plus entertainment benefits.
- 6 weeks’ annual leave + 17.5% leave loading.
- 10.5% Superannuation.
- Study leave options to further invest in your career through additional training.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Retention Initiatives in accordance with the PAMS Employee Remuneration Policy
About the Organisation
With an administrative hub based in Newman, in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, The Puntukurnu Aboriginal Medical Service (PAMS) provides holistic primary health care to the individuals and families within Newman and the remote communities of Jigalong, Parnngurr, Punmu and Kunawarritji.
PAMS has over 700 registered clients, with most being Martu. Services offered include health education and promotion programs and initiatives, as well as the monitoring and management of ongoing health issues such as diabetes, hypertension, ante-natal & post-natal care and child health.
Shortlisting will commence immediately.