Menzies is a recognised national leader in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health research, education, and research training. Menzies is committed to providing a culturally inclusive and supportive work environment, and ensuring our workplace is representative of the people with and for whom we work. We seek to amplify First Nations voices in all aspects of our work, and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for this position.
Menzies School of Health Research is looking for a highly experienced Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the Senior Executive Team (SET).
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but not limited to:
- Preparing correspondence, reports, documents, presentations autonomously and to a high professional standard;
- Manage and monitor communications and appointments, including calendar management, facilitate effective communication with stakeholders, collaborators, and team members.
- Provide high-level administrative support for workshops and meetings, including planning and scheduling, preparation collation and distribution of papers, minute taking and proactive follow up on actions, room bookings, technology set up, and catering; and
- Raise purchase orders, reconcile credit card expense, prepare reimbursements, and manage travel and accommodation bookings for SET members.
As an experienced Executive Assistant, you will have a degree with proven relevant high-level experience in a similar administration role or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education or training. You will also possess a high level of initiative, sound judgement, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
You also have:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including an ability to prepare correspondence in accordance with required formats, maintain confidentiality and discern sensitive issues.
- High level computer skills and literacy including Microsoft suite (outlook, word, powerpoint, and excel), online conferencing systems (teams, zoom) and other relevant systems and platforms with a demonstrated ability to become adept in new systems quickly.
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to effectively manage and prioritise workloads, work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, deal with frequent interruptions, and anticipate management needs and initiate required processes.
- Ability to gather information resourcefully and to build and maintain effective networks.
For the full list of primary responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the position description.
Menzies is one of Australia’s leading medical research institutes dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and a leader in global and tropical research into life-threatening illnesses. If making a positive health impact in Australia and across our region excites and motivates you, join us as we continue to translate our research into effective programs and partnerships in communities across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region, and find enduring solutions to health problems that matter.
- Attractive salary package $104,527 – $111,559 pa including superannuation and salary packaging benefits up to $15,900 tax free (Base salary of $81,803 – $87,901)
- Option to increase employer superannuation contribution to 14%
- Diverse and inclusive organisation that provides cultural leave for cultural and/or religious obligations
- Training and development opportunities
- Fantastic leave offerings:
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 3 weeks personal/carers leave
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Option to purchase additional leave
- And more!
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact:
Coordinator HR Services
Menzies is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. If you require any support or accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know.
How to Apply:
Please click on the link below to view the Position Description and to apply:
Applicants are required to provide the following supporting documents:
- Cover letter
- Updated resume
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
- Any other relevant supporting documentation
For a copy of the position description or to find more information on how to apply for this role please visit Menzies careers website: http://careers.menzies.edu.au/ or email: email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday, 4 June 2023
Please note this role is available for immediate start and applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. The job ad may close early if a suitable applicant is identified, apply now!