Family Participation Convenor (Identified)
‘Keeping Our Generations Growing Strong’
Wuchopperen is a Community Controlled Aboriginal Health Organisation providing holistic health care services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Cairns.
2x Full Time, Permanent Positions
Based in Cairns
The Family Participation Convenor is to provide families at risk of involvement or involved with the child protection system the ability to lead the planning process for addressing child protection concerns for the family through Family Led Decision Making Meetings.
Benefits of working with Wuchopperen:
- Generous salary sacrifice benefits
- 5 Weeks annual leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Commitment to professional development
- 12% Superannuation Contribution
How to Apply:
Please apply at www.wuchopperen.org.au/careers***
Applicants for the above position will:
- Provide a cover letter of no more than two pages, addressing the Core Capabilities in the Position Description
- Provide an Identified Reference
- Possess a current driver’s licence
- Hold a current Blue Card (for suitability to work with children and young people)
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least first 2 vaccinations plus one booster) and provide evidence
Applicants who do not address these requirements, will not be considered for shortlisting.
Note: Revised legislation requires applicants to hold a blue card prior to commencement. Refer to Qld Government’s Blue Card Services website for more information.
It is a condition of employment for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (refer to Queensland Government Health Employment Directive No. 12/21). Evidence of vaccination must be provided with the application
The above is an Identified position. It is a genuine occupational requirement that an Identified position be filled by an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person, as permitted by and arguable under section 25, 104 and 105 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act (1991).
For more information or to apply please go to:
www.wuchopperen.org.au/careers or contact Karen Salam, Manager Child Wellbeing on 07 4080 1014.
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Monday, 2 October 2023.