First Nations Community Development Coordinator – Salisbury
We are Feros Care:
We’re proud to work in partnership with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to deliver Local Area Coordination Services in Salisbury, Northern Adelaide.
About the role:
The Community Development Coordinator Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander role will support community in helping identify, implement plans, and create more visible pathways to ensure that Aboriginal participants and non-participants of the NDIS can access support outside of the Scheme by working collaboratively with local communities and mainstream services to raise awareness and become more inclusive of the needs of people with disability.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement community capacity building project plans and project management schedules.
- Identify opportunities for community capacity building projects which focus on supporting local mainstream and community services to support people living with disability.
- Assist in implementing a range of specifically tailored initiatives, which promote diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness together with the engagement and participation of people living disability who are from First Nations,
- Assist people deemed not eligible for the Scheme, their families and carers with information, linkages and supports to connect to mainstream and community supports or alternative funding opportunities within their community.
- Collaborate with key regional stakeholders to establish Feros Care’s participation in reference groups or steering committees, which influence access and inclusion for people with disability within the community.
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Significant proven experience working in community development roles.
- An understanding of community capacity building models
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Someone with great people skills, excellent written communication, and time management skills.
- Someone who has lived experience and/or experience caring for someone with a You’ll be adaptable, empathetic, and resourceful and be able to live by our values every day!
- Salary banding from $75,598 – $84,320 per annum (depending on relevant qualifications and years of relevant experience) PLUS 11% Super.
- Non-for-profit Salary Packaging (up to the value of $15,899 per annum tax free) and Meal and Entertainment Packaging (up to the value of $2650 per annum tax free)
- For more information about salary packaging please click on the link below.
- Travel allowance (up to $6,500 per annum).
- Extensive discounts available on everyday purchases, financial tips and services, wellbeing, and wellness programs through our ForME platform
- Training, development, and subsidised qualification programs to help you feel confident in your role and take your career to the next level.
- Private Health Insurance Discount (Medibank)
- Employee Referral Program – refer your friends and family members to join us and receive $200.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 9 weeks paid parental leave for eligible employees.
- All technology / equipment provided.
Application closing date: Sunday 26th November 2023