Health Service Manager
- Full-time Management position in a family-friendly workplace culture
- Play a critical role in improving health outcomes for the Aboriginal Community in Port Lincoln & surrounding areas
- Support for finding accommodation if relocating
We are looking for a Health Service Manager to lead the operations of our essential Aboriginal health services in Port Lincoln.
$125,000- $138,000 salary range + 11% super + salary packaging + mobile phone + laptop + onsite parking (Salary increases commensurate with the Enterprise Agreement)
About the Opportunity
Port Lincoln Aboriginal Health Service (PLAHS) is seeking a qualified and experienced Health Professional to provide leadership, supervision and management of all Clinical Services’ work functions. Reporting to the CEO, the Health Service Manager will be responsible for the key areas of Clinical Services Management and Delivery, Team and People Leadership, Engagement and Linkages.
The successful applicant will:
- Lead and support the PLAHS Teams to achieve improved health and social wellbeing of the Aboriginal community by providing comprehensive primary health care services and programs.
- Ensure that health needs, priorities, programs and services are assessed and delivered from a culturally appropriate, client-centred, consultative and community development approach.
We’re looking for candidates who have experience in a similar management role, working with Aboriginal people, families and communities; who understand the social and health-related issues that impact Aboriginal people.
The position functions within a multidisciplinary team. Excellent clinical knowledge and skills are essential; as well as a consultative/collaborative leadership style, problem solving skills, and resource management skills.
You will also require:
- A current AHPRA registration (e.g. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Health Practitioner or Registered Nurse or other relevant health-related qualification)
- A current driver’s licence,
- A Working with Children Check (WWCC),
- A DHS/DCSI Aged Care related Criminal History Check,
- a National Police Certificate, and
- compliance with PLAHS’ immunisation requirements
A fully detailed position description is available to download from our applications webpage – click the weblink provided.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Port Lincoln Aboriginal Health Service
Port Lincoln Aboriginal Health Service (PLAHS) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service who provides comprehensive primary health care services to some 1200 Aboriginal community members in Port Lincoln and surrounding areas.
For more information, please visit www.plahs.org.au
We’ve shared the client’s name to help you assess your suitability for the role. Please direct all enquiries to Humanology Recruit. Please do not contact PLAHS directly.
If you have any queries please direct them to Alyce Neale by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance, or call 1300 248 626.
To apply, please click the weblink below, complete the online form and upload a CV and cover letter contained in one document. All applications must be made online and not submitted via email or post.
Please Note: Our recruitment process will keep you regularly informed of the progress of your application. Please ensure that you check your email for updates (including your junk mail folder).
We have indicated a close date on this listing of 31/07/2023, however, applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed.