ALBURY WODONGA ABORIGINAL HEALTH SERVICE
- $83,000 p.a.
- Excellent salary packaging & tax benefits
- Work with the best Social, Emotional, Wellbeing (SEWB) team!
Albury Wodonga Aboriginal Health Service (AWAHS) is seeking an exceptional Intake Officer to join our dynamic Social Emotional Well Being (SEWB) team on a full-time 2-year contract.
This is your chance to contribute to a multidimensional approach to health care and support meaningful pathways for Aboriginal individuals and families.
With our SEWB program expanding, your expertise is needed to meet the growing demand for vital services such as mental health, addiction support, family violence assistance, NDIS, Bringing them Home, and other essential programs.
As an Intake Officer you are familiar and competent in the referral process from intake through to administration and triage support.
Your approach is holistic, collaborative, and positive and you are committed to service enhancement and encouraging community participation into services
Essential requirements for this position:
- Demonstrated experience and well-developed skills in delivering assessment and referral services to individuals, families, and communities with diverse and complex cultural, emotional, and social needs.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, with established links to the local community.
- Ability to build strong rapport with staff and clients.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Willingness and commitment to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
If you thrive on assisting people in achieving their best health outcomes and are passionate about using your knowledge and network contacts to steer the Aboriginal community towards a better tomorrow, we want to hear from you!
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, send your CV and a cover letter toChiquita.firstname.lastname@example.org, visit awahs.com.au or call 0414 713 430 for a confidential discussion.
Applicants must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent (Race is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorized by Section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977, NSW).