4 October, 2023
1 September, 2022
Koori Connections Officer
(Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander Identified*)
• Full Time Fixed Term until 30 June 2023
• Positions available in Batemans Bay, Narooma and Bega
• Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award, Level 3 – pay point dependent on experience
At Katungul achieving the best outcomes for our community is at the heart of everything we do.
Katungul Aboriginal Corporation Regional Health and Community Services is a not-for-profit organisation providing culturally attuned, integrated health and community services on the Far South Coast of New South Wales.
The Koori Connections Officer provides a broad variety of culturally sensitive services to Katungul clients and community in order to improve community safety and wellbeing. The position involves internal and external referrals, outreach, casework, community liaison, community education, groups, and hosting activities and events. This role works closely with the Manager Social and Emotional Wellbeing, who mentors and develops the skills of Katungul community workers.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
*Katungul considers that being Aboriginal is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
• Certificate IV or higher in a field related to individual and/or group work eg. Community Services, Youth Work, Welfare or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• At least two years’ experience providing one-on-one support to clients experiencing complex issues.
• Experience in facilitating groups, conducting community events, or running programs.
• Experience working with Aboriginal communities or within an Aboriginal organisation
• Experience writing small grants or developing project plans.
• Experience in collecting data and writing reports and client notes
• Knowledge and understanding of child protection requirements in relation to community work
• Knowledge and understanding of strengths-based, trauma-informed and culturally safe approaches
• Understanding of the issues and barriers that impact upon the safety and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Apply: To apply for this position please email a Resume and a Cover Letter, no longer than 3 pages, through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 5pm, Sunday 11 Sept 2022
Contact: Angela Nye on 0400 595 157 or email@example.com
As a child safe organisation, employment at Katungul is subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Working with Children Check.