Manager, Allied Health
Your opportunity – Be part of something bigger
Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation is one of Australia’s largest providers of Aboriginal health care. Our incredible team provides remote health services and support to more than 10,000 people across East Arnhem Land in the Northern Territory. We empower the Yolngu to take control of their lives and direct their futures – and we need passionate people like you to join our team.
Miwatj Health are pleased to offer this position as a full-time, fixed opportunity. Based in our Darwin office. Reporting directly to the Head of Health Services, you will be Responsible for the management of allied health and outreach service provision to the Miwatj region, contributing to planning, development and implementation of programs.
Core aspects of your role will include:
- Oversee the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Miwatj Food Security and Nutrition Strategy that contributes to Miwatj Health’s broader public health aims.
- Provide oversight of the Allied Health services including service development, continuous quality improvement and operational planning.
- Manage allied health grant funding, reporting and compliance.
- Develop, plan and implement innovative service delivery models aimed at improving allied health service provision in the Miwatj region.
- Lead the revitalization of the Strong Women, Strong Babies and Strong Culture program and support the integration of the Birthing on Country program.
- Proactively manage contractual arrangements with external service providers to ensure service provision meets community needs and is aligned with Miwatj strategic aims.
- Build and manage an Outreach team to support continuous quality improvement and streamlining of processes across program areas.
- Lead and manage a team of health professionals with responsibility for staff recruitment, induction, professional development and performance management.
- Develop and maintain effective and active collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to identify structural barriers, support advocacy opportunities and implement health promotion in other public health and clinical programs.
We offer a range of benefits in this role, including:
- Competitive salary $117,890 – 138,583 (depending on skills and experience)
- Ability to Salary Package up to $15,900pa plus a further $2,650 on Meals and Entertainment
- 5 Weeks annual leave + 17.5% leave loading
- 10% Superannuation
- Professional development and study leave
- Position located in Darwin CBD
Who we are looking for:
To thrive in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in in an allied health profession and membership in the associated regulatory body.
- Demonstrated management experience with proven ability to set priorities and manage performance of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing budgets.
- Understanding of the social determinants of health and impact on Aboriginal health in remote communities in the Northern Territory.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in planning, implementing and evaluating population health programs.
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
- High level written and oral communication skills and proven ability to communicate effectively in a variety of settings.
- Willingness to travel to communities in the Miwatj region.
- Current NT manual driver’s license.
- Ochre card, or ability to obtain.
- Experience working in a remote Aboriginal community.
- Ability to speak an Aboriginal language from the Miwatj Region (East Arnhem Land) and/or knowledge of kinship systems.
- Postgraduate qualification in a discipline related to public health, health promotion, primary healthcare, community development or education.
- Previous experience in and a passion for service development.
We are proud to have employed over 116 Yolngu employees and we are always looking to increase that number. If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and interested in this role you are encouraged to apply.