1 September, 2022
Manager of Social Emotional Wellbeing
(Aboriginal and /or Torres Strait Islander Identified*)
• Full Time
• Batemans Bay/Narooma/Bega (negotiable)
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers and Practitioners and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services Award 2020. Administrative Grade 7 Level 1 (above award depending on qualifications and experience.
At Katungul achieving the best outcomes for our community is at the heart of everything we do.
Katungul Aboriginal Corporation Regional Health and Community Services is a not-for-profit organisation providing culturally attuned, integrated health and community services on the Far South Coast of New South Wales.
Reporting to the Director Community Services this position will provide leadership and management to the Social and Emotional Wellbeing Team in the provision of programs and services which collectively provide support to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
*Katungul considers that being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
• Certificate IV or higher in a field related to individual and/or group work eg Community Services, Youth Work, Welfare or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Proven leadership and management skills including financial administration, program implementation, and staff management.
• Demonstrated experience working with a variety of stakeholders to support better outcomes for clients.
• Experience with researching a variety of topics relevant to social and emotional wellbeing.
• Knowledge and understanding of funding agreements, sector trends and evidence-based practices.
• Knowledge and understanding of child protection requirements in relation to community work
• Knowledge and understanding of strengths-based, trauma-informed, and culturally safe approaches.
• Knowledge of Closing the Gap initiatives.
• Understanding of the issues and barriers that impact upon the safety and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Apply: To apply, please click on the link below:
Contact: For a confidential discussion, please contact Natalie Carrington at email@example.com, quoting Ref No. 1058834.
As a child safe organisation, employment at Katungul is subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Working with Children Check.