Mental Health Nurse – Social and Emotional Wellbeing
About the position
The role offers the opportunity for a mental health experienced registered nurse to work collaboratively with the organisations Social and Emotional Wellbeing team, the clinical staff of GPs, RNs and Aboriginal Health Workers to deliver quality, efficient and effective person-centred care which meets the need of patients and their families, including supporting patients to ensure health interventions and service delivery processes are understood. This includes developing and implementing health management plans, case conferences, attending multidisciplinary team meetings and providing associated nursing follow-up focusing on the services’ clients with a mental illness.
Minimum qualifications for the position
1. Driver’s license
2. National Criminal Record Check
3. Working With Children Check
4. Immunisation Record: Including evidence of Health Worker Vaccinations (CTP, Hep B,
MMR, Varcella, Annual Influenza, COVID-19)
5. AHPRA Registration – Required
• Recent work experience and knowledge of Mental Health and Social and Emotional
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE
• Triaging our patients and prioritising emergency situations.
• Provision of primary health care to patients & health education to Aboriginal community members, including acting as an advocate to assist patients in making informed decisions
• Deliver quality, efficient and effective person-centred care which meets the need of patients and their families, including supporting patients to ensure health interventions and service delivery processes are understood.
• Complete the nursing components of health management plan, case conferences, attend multidisciplinary team meetings and provide associated nursing follow-up.
• Work in partnership with Aboriginal Health Workers, respecting the cultural expertise of Aboriginal Health Workers to ensure the provision of holistic and culturally appropriate health care to Aboriginal people.
• Commitment to partner with the Aboriginal population to enhance health outcomes for clients.
• Provide clinical services to the Aboriginal population with appropriate allied and medical referrals
• Applying evidence-based practice and critical thinking to patient care, and act in accordance with professional boundaries, ethics, respect and scope of practice.
• Utilise problem solving approach to clients centred care that includes the development of comprehensive care plans and the provision of case planning