Primary Health Nurse Wilcannia
Job title: Primary Health Nurse
Company: Maari Ma Health Aboriginal Corporation
Location: Wilcannia, New South Wales
Salary: Earn up to $99,000 gross per annum plus superannuation.
- Retention bonus of $10,000 paid following 1 and 2 years of full-time service) + Fully self-contained rent-free accommodation (One bedroom unit, rent free, including internet and electricity) + Remote allowance.
- Working Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm only+ Access to free and confidential Employment Assistance Program + 5 weeks paid annual leave per year.
- Supported advanced education and training + excellent personal development opportunities.
Summary: Develop in our supportive team working 40 hours a week only. Use your background as a current Australian Registered Nurse to support our community.
About Maari Ma Health Aboriginal Corporation
Maari Ma Health is an Aboriginal community-controlled regional health service that has been providing a quality service to the Aboriginal people of far western New South Wales for more than 20 years and employs over 140 people within the region.
About the role
Our supportive team is on the look-out for an experienced Primary Health Nurse to join us to provide a quality health service to the Aboriginal people of far western New South Wales. Reporting to the Manager of the health service, this full-time opportunity includes key responsibilities such as:
- Responsible for working across both the clinic and community settings.
- Providing a range of services in the community including, home visits, domiciliary care, and proactive follow-up of Aboriginal people 15 years plus, living with a chronic disease.
- Completing a range of clinical and support functions relating to patient assessment and care in the general practice clinic.
- Being involved using a case management model and working in partnership with Aboriginal Health Practitioners and Trainees.
- Collaborate with our staff in a way that facilitates effective communication, teamwork, and high clinical standards.
- Establish and build lasting relationships with our patients, families, and GP’s.
- Earn up to $99,000 gross per annum plus superannuation. (Depending on qualifications and years of experience)
- Working Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm only, no shift weekend or on call.
- Generous Salary Packaging, standard up to $15,900 per year. Plus, access to Salary Packaging Novated Leasing, Meal Entertainment and Accommodation card and Remote Area Benefits to increase the standard amount you can salary package – full benefits go to the employee.
- Onsite parking, uniform, and further allowances
- Christmas Closure including additional paid leave to cover the period (4 days)
- Flexible leave accrual
- Public holidays off
- CPI increases annually.
- Relocation assistance to help you get to Wilcannia.
- Home Base travel allowance to keep in touch with your family – $1,000 allowance on completion of each 6 months of service for 2 years.
- Access to use our accredited health care service for you and your family (conditions apply)
Skills and experience
- Currently registered with, or eligible to be registered with Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse.
- Have or be prepared to actively pursue authorization an immunization provider in New South Wales.
- Ability to work with Aboriginal staff and communities in a way that fosters mutual respect. Proven experience using clinical IT systems.
- Computing skills relevant to the position and competent in the use of information and communication technology including Microsoft Word, email and internet applications and the ability to quickly acquire skills in other applications.
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear, considerate manner with genuine compassion.
Wilcannia is a small town located within the Central Darling Shire in northwestern New South Wales, Australia. Located on the Darling River.
Wilcannia is rich with Aboriginal culture and is full of spirit, history, diversity, and character to explore and uncover – an iconic destination for every Australian to visit.
The Barkindji people have called the Maari Ma region home for over 50,000 years and are passionate about sharing their cultural values, history, and sacred places.
The streets are still lined with a remarkable collection of heritage buildings and there’s an emerging movement of local Indigenous artists.
Beyond Wilcannia and on your doorstep, you can immerse yourself in the natural landscape via spectacular national parks with rich First Nations and colonial & pastoral history, lush rivers and lakes, abundant wildlife, and other classic towns of outback New South Wales and beyond.
Located 196kms from Broken Hill.
How to apply
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you! Simply click on “Working with us” page of our website. www.maarima.com.au/employment and follow the prompts. We will get in touch if you are shortlisted for this opportunity.
If you would like to learn more, please reach out to Claire Allan on +61447 807 183 for a confidential chat.
All Maari Ma Aboriginal Health employees are required to have three doses of a COVID-19 vaccination or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians are encouraged to apply for this position.
Maari Ma acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land in which we live, and we pay our respect to their Elders both past and present and emerging.