Principle Policy Officer (Team Leader)
Join the National Association of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers and Practitioners (NAATSIHWP) as a Principle Policy Officer to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health equity and justice!
As a key member of the Policy team, you will engage with communities, service providers, and stakeholders to drive impactful policy change that enhances workforce capability, fosters cultural safety, and promotes equitable healthcare access for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We have a small, friendly and dedicated team and while our work is varied, some of your key responsibilities and workload will relate to:
- Contributing to policy design, development and implementation
- Preparing reports, discussion papers, briefs, strategic plan priorities, position statements and responses to health and social policy inquiries
- Engaging with stakeholders, participating in consultations and working groups while representing NAATSIHWP
- Conduct research and analysis to inform decision-making on health and social policies.
We are committed to growing your career and strongly encourage applicants at all levels of experience to apply.
In your application, please provide a max. 2 page cover letter, an updated CV or resume with two professional referees and showcase these skills:
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity in engaging with Indigenous communities, as well as an understanding of Indigenous health issues, historical context and self-determination principles
- Proficiency in written and oral communication for diverse audiences, as well as experience in drafting policy materials, briefs, and reports
- Analytical thinking and ability to influence positive change
- Initiative, sound judgment, and adherence to timelines
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively while fostering a culturally safe workplace
As well as a friendly team and autonomy in your work, some other perks that NAATSIHWP offers are:
- A competitive and negotiable salary
- Salary packaging
- Flexible working conditions for the right candidate
- The occasional friendly office dog (her name is Annie)
As an organisation that has direct involvement in matters relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this role.
You can see the full role description and find out more about NAATSIHWP on our website: https://www.naatsihwp.org.au/jobs-natsihwa
We would love to hear from you so please feel free to contact Jodie with any questions you might have about the role through email@example.com or message us on our social media.