The Institute for Urban Indigenous Health Ltd was established by its founding members to provide a coordinated/integrated approach to the planning, development and delivery of comprehensive primary health care services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander populations within the Southeast Qld Region.
The IUIH Regional Social Health team (1) provides direct delivery of comprehensive, integrated mental health, substance use and related social health support services in designated locations, and (2) working closely with member organisations across the IUIH network, supports planning, coordination, service development and ongoing evaluation and quality improvement of Social Health services in urban SEQ.
About the Role?
The IUIH Strategic Plan articulates a focus on building and sustaining strong and healthy Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
Our services are continuing to expand across the South East Queensland region and we are meeting the needs to provide quality Social Health services across the community to improve the emotional wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Psychiatrist position will deliver specialist Psychiatry services to our clients whilst continuing to strengthen systems for safety, quality and supporting continuous quality improvement of mental health and related services.
- Support and directly provide clinical Psychiatry services in IUIH and member service clinics across South East Queensland according to need and agreed rostering
- Ensure professional delivery of quality care, in accordance with the IUIH System of Care and as a member of the local multidisciplinary health service team
- Ensure that clinical care is in line with accepted national ethical, legal and clinical standards of Consultant Psychiatry practice
- Build relationships with clients that foster trust and engagement in the service, as the platform for securing positive therapeutic outcomes
- On referral from IUIH and member service GPs, perform comprehensive assessments and prepare care plans that comply with MBS standards and contribute to planned, coordinated and integrated continuing care for clients with mental health and substance misuse issues
- Provide clinical leadership in multidisciplinary case conferencing for clients with complex care needs
- Provide clinical advice and support to IUIH and member service GPs and other Senior Clinicians working within the IUIH network clients for clients with complex mental health and substance misuse issues
- Establish and maintain strong linkages with other health providers in the area to ensure optimum coordination of care and advocacy, particularly for vulnerable and complex children and their families
- Optimise MBS income generation, working closely with the IUIH Business Support Officer to ensure billing is timely, compliant and appropriately captures comprehensive assessment, care planning, case conferencing and other items reflecting complex care provision
- Maintain own professional standards, including compliance with requirements for continued unconditional registration with AHPRA and maintenance of College PDL requirements
- Current C Class Drivers Licence (QLD)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
- APHRA Registration
- Medical Indemnity Insurance
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge and experience in all aspects of general Psychiatry
What Can we Offer?
- Work flexibility
- Opportunities to work in one of the fastest growing mental health service care providers in QLD
- Be part of Australia’s largest community controlled Aboriginal Health Service.
- Opportunities to upskill in working sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, their leaders and health professionals, while respecting traditional culture, values and ways of doing business
- A range of Salary Sacrifice options including Novated Leasing, Meal & Entertainment Cards and lots more.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 24th July 2023