The Aboriginal Medical Service Redfern (AMS) was established in 1971 and was the first Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (ACCHO) in Australia. We are a multi-disciplinary health care facility with Medical, Chronic Care, Drug & Alcohol, Mental Health, Dental and Public Health units. We work together to provide a high level of patient care whilst servicing our local community needs.
Do you want to:
- make a difference to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community in Redfern?
- work as part of an experienced team supporting the delivery of high quality services?
- leave your mark on an organisation?
We are seeking an outcomes driven Psychologist to work with Aboriginal Communities to provide comprehensive clinical and primary health care as well psycho-social needs of those attending the Aboriginal Medical Service.
If you have:
- Conduct psychological, emotional and cognitive assessments on clients of the Aboriginal Medical Service
- Provide high level therapeutic counselling and individualised interventions to clients
- Provide advocacy, support, liaison and referral for clients as required
- Effective participation and the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Maintain links/partnerships with external agencies to ensure the clients receive the optimal care that is required.
- Maintain partnerships and relationships with government and non-government mental health services.
- Attend regular clinical supervision in accordance with the AHPRA Supervision Guidelines
- Maintain accurate and timely client records and reports in accordance with AHPRA and the AMS’ policies and procedures
- Adhere to Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines and various AMS policies
Any enquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are required to have the right to work in Australia. Police checks form part of the recruitment process.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply although this is not a requirement of the role.