Public Health-Aboriginal Health Lead
- Exciting opportunity for an Aboriginal health lead to join Barwon Health
- Influence the experience of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients
- Permanant Part time or Full time available
About Our Facility
Barwon Health is one of the largest and most comprehensive regional health services in Australia, providing care at all stages of life and circumstance. This role sits within the Aboriginal Health team located within University Hospital who support and advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander inpatients and their families.
About the Role
This role is a leadership role in public health to prioritise Aboriginal health and wellbeing outcomes.
Barwon South West Public Health Unit is seeking a passionate, dedicated and driven Aboriginal Health Lead to join our dynamic team.
- Be truly passionate about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and be a skilled communicator.
- Use your skills to promote a range of initiatives to improve health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Have a sound knowledge of Aboriginal culture and experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples/communities and organisations.
This is an Identified Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander Position. Applicants for this position must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent through parentage, identify as an Aboriginal person and/or Torres Strait Islander and be accepted in the community as such.
About the culture
Barwon Health’s Public Health Unit is focused on servicing the Barwon South West region’s COVID-19 response and facilitation, with focus on the COVID 19 Immunisation program, communicable and chronic diseases to improve public health to the entire region.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Doorstep to the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
About the Geelong Region, AUSTRALIA
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne! Derived from the local Wathaurong Aboriginal name for the region Djillong, Geelong is thought to mean ‘land’ or ‘cliffs’.
- Enjoy a range of lifestyle choices including inner city, coastal, suburban and rural homes at affordable prices.
- High standard of schooling options throughout the area
- A stone throw from the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road
- Appreciate beautiful parks, rivers, walks and wineries
- To find out more about the Geelong region, visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
We at Barwon Health strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, Please contact the Talent Acquisition team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
We Barwon Health are proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
This role must be fully vaccinated for Covid -19 and influenza and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health immunisation policy.