Quality and Compliance Officer
Location: Highgate, Perth WA
Employment Type: Full Time
Employment Category: Permanent
Remuneration: $80,060 – $88,301 per annum pro rata + superannuation + salary sacrifice
As the Quality and Compliance Officer, you will report to the Executive Manager – Corporate Services and work in partnership with internal stakeholders to coordinate the organisation’s quality, compliance and governance systems to achieve best practice quality management.
This is a critical role within the organisation that is responsible for developing, reviewing and implementing an effective internal quality framework to achieve best practice quality management across the organisation, and will be the subject matter expert, supporting the Executive Management Team to embed the QMS (Logiqc) into the organisation‘s processes, ensuring a strong culture of quality improvement.
To view the full position description and selection criteria, click here or visit https://www.ahcwa.org.au
You will bring a high level of initiative with the ability to be proactive and work autonomously, together with highly developed interpersonal skills including consultation skills and the ability to proactively establish and sustain effective stakeholder relationships.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Demonstrated experience (at least 2 years) in coordinating an organisations quality management and compliance systems.
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, the principles of continuous quality improvement and compliance.
- Detailed knowledge of standards, legislation and guidelines relevant to organisational accreditation (e.g. ISO or QIC).
- Understanding of audit processes and internal audit experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of quality processes, including outcome measures/ performance indicators, performance monitoring, benchmarking and review.
- Strong organisational skills, the capacity to successfully manage competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of work health and safety legislation.
- Strong computer skills with advanced Microsoft Office skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold the principles of cultural safety including an ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Ideally, in addition to be above, we are looking for someone who identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and is acknowledged as such by their community.
The position involves working within a multicultural organisation where the majority of employees, clients and stakeholders identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please note: In addition to the above skills and experience, the successful candidate will require an unrestricted WA “C” Class Driver’s Licence, and be required to submit a National Police Clearance (dated within 3 months) prior to appointment.
Applicants for this position must be legally entitled to work in Australia and will be required to provide evidence of this entitlement, such as an Australian passport or birth certificate.
In accordance with AHCWA’s COVID-19 Safety Policy and Procedure, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated (including any booster shots as required) against COVID-19. Applicants will be required to demonstrate proof of vaccination prior to appointment. This includes either an immunisation history statement or a COVID-19 digital certificate.