Senior Policy & Research Officer
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Established in 1981, SNAICC – National Voice for our Children is the national non-government peak body for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. SNAICC’s vision is that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people and families are protected, our communities determine their own futures, and our cultural identity is valued. We work to amplify the voice of community and the sector for the fulfilment of the rights of our children.
SNAICC plays a key role in the following areas:
- Research and policy development, with high-level leadership, policy papers and sector representation
- Training and resource design, development and delivery including topics such as early childhood development, partnerships, family support, trauma, and cultural competency
- Support for sector development, membership, and networking
ABOUT THE ROLE
SNAICC is establishing a new team in its Social Policy & Research Unit to provide the secretariat support to a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Early Childhood Policy Partnership (ECPP). The ECPP will include representatives from Commonwealth, states and territories governments, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peaks and independent representatives. The ECPP has been established under the National Agreement on Closing the Gap as part of the Commonwealth Government’s commitment to a joined-up approach to policy development.
The Senior Policy & Research Officer will support SNAICC’s policy outcomes by enhancing the research and policy development capacity of SNAICC. The incumbent will provide high-level evidence informed policy analysis of issues relating to SNAICC’s objectives and the rights and needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and children.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of leading Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander early childhood reforms.
For a full copy of the role description, contact Pipeline Talent at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Senior Policy and Research Officer – SNAICC – National Voice for our Children enquiry via EthicalJobs.
This opportunity is ideal for an exceptional communicator with demonstrated experience in policy and project management.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work and liaise with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually and analytically including the ability to analyse the underlying causes of social and economic disadvantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience in project management including the ability to work collaboratively with project stakeholders, develop and implement project work plans and meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge and understanding of evidence and best practice in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander early childhood development, education, care, and wellbeing
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Inclusive positive team culture
- An opportunity to make a positive impact to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Attractive salary
- Salary Packaging ($15,900 tax free salary component and an additional component of up to $2,650 tax-free to be spent on meals entertainment / accommodation & venue hire – subject to Government regulations)
- Leave loading
- Cultural leave provisions
- Flexible work arrangements
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted through our website by clicking the “Apply Now” button below.
Your application should include:
- a cover letter (maximum 4 pages) responding to the 5 selection criteria as detailed above
- an up-to-date CV of no more than 5 pages which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this role
HOW TO GET MORE INFORMATION
Additional information is available in the role description or by contacting the team at Pipeline Talent.
Lachlan Holton, Talent Acquisition Specialist
(M) 0438 982 746 or (Ph) 02 8001 6603