- Great opportunity for a full-time Aboriginal Health Worker/Practitioner!
- Annual base salary of $79,992 – $84,924 plus Super!
- Accommodation allowance of $6,240, annual airfare allowance, additional paid annual leave and more!
The Ord Valley Aboriginal Health Service has been providing critical health and support services to local Aboriginal people since 1984. Our ambition is to deliver socially, culturally, and financially accessible health care that supports communities in the North-East Kimberley to be strong, healthy and safe. The organisation operates on the foundational pillars of Aboriginal leadership, self-determination and cultural diversity that underpin and shape the way the organisation conducts its business.
About the role
The Social and Emotional Wellbeing (SEWB) Case Worker provides integrated SEWB services to individuals, families and community through early identification and interventions designed to strengthen social and emotional wellbeing.
The SEWB Case Worker ensures the focus of care is on the needs of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander clients within the context of their cultural identity and social circumstances; and works as part of the wider OVAHS team in providing a quality and client focused environment.
|Please note: Due to the nature of the role, applicants must identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander as a genuine occupational qualification in accordance with section 50 (d) of the Equal Opportunity Act (1984).
Due to the nature of the SEWB Case Worker role, applicants must be female as a genuine occupational qualification in accordance with section 27 of the Equal Opportunity Act (1984).
What you can expect from working at OVAHS:
As well as working in a positive team culture and supportive environment, OVAHS offers multiple benefits to employees, including and not limited to:
- Above Award wages: ACCHS Award 2020 ($79,992.43 – $84,924.53)
- Rental allowance – $6,240 per annum pro rata
- 12-month Annual Airfare $1,800 on continued service
- 5 weeks accrued Annual leave per annum
- Additional 2-weeks of paid leave over the Christmas closure period, inclusive of public holidays
- Salary Sacrifice greatly increasing take-home pay
- Ongoing professional development
More information and JDF
Contact Sankini De Silva (SEWB and Disability Services Manager) on 08 9166 2262 or via email email@example.com
To apply, please submit the below documents below
- A Cover Letter addressing each of the selection criteria (located within the attached job description)
- A current CV/Resume along with the names of a least two referees