Trainee – Cancer Support Worker
Albury Wodonga Aboriginal Health Service (AWAHS)
Traineeship Position – Cancer Support Worker
- Part Time – 3 days per week·
- Gain a Qualification – Certificate IV in Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care (AHP Qualification)
- This is an Identified position, and you must have or be obtaining your Certificate of Aboriginality
In this exciting role, you will be trained to become an Aboriginal Health Practitioner through the three-year traineeship program AWAHS is offering which will involve a mix of both structured and hands-on training.
You will learn to work effectively in healthcare settings, engaging and establishing trust with Aboriginal families and aiding them in accessing healthcare services.
You will support health projects, especially those related to cancer prevention and treatment. You will also help clients understand procedures, improve clinical knowledge, and raise awareness about Aboriginal health.
You’ll assist patients in managing appointments, understanding medical instructions, and returning for follow-up care. You will provide appropriate clinical assistance and offer information about accessing services, particularly related to chronic illnesses and cancer programs.
You will be working closely with the Chronic Disease and Integrated Care team and collaborate with the Albury Wodonga Cancer Centre in providing support and a holistic approach to cancer prevention and management for the community.
What you need to have:
- A sincere interest in Aboriginal Health, whether it be in a clinical or community setting
- A commitment to pursuing the Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- An awareness of current health and social issues relevant to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient computer literacy skills
- A valid driver’s license
Apply today – join our teams to improve services, boost community health, and provide vital cancer support to the community.
Contact: Chiquita.email@example.com or call 0414 713 430 for a confidential discussion.