Women and Girls Program Facilitator (Identified)
‘Keeping Our Generations Growing Strong’
Wuchopperen is a Community Controlled Aboriginal Health Organisation providing holistic health care services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Cairns.
Full Time, Permanent
Based in Cairns
Salary $93,858 – $98,111
The purpose of the Women and Girls Program Facilitator position is to facilitate the development and delivery of programs to address the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, families and individuals who are experiencing family violence, at risk of family violence or who are perpetrators of family violence.
Benefits of working with Wuchopperen:
· Generous salary sacrifice benefits
· 5 Weeks annual leave
· 15 days personal leave
· Commitment to professional development
· 12% Superannuation Contribution
How to Apply:
To be eligible for interview, applicants must:
· Provide a cover letter of no more than two pages, addressing the Core Capabilities in the Position Description
· Provide an Identified Reference
· Hold a current Blue Card (for suitability to work with children and young people)
· Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least first 2 vaccinations plus one booster) and provide evidence
· Possess a current driver’s licence
Applicants who do not address these requirements, will not be considered for shortlisting.
Note: Revised legislation requires applicants to hold a blue card prior to commencement. Refer to Qld Government’s Blue Card Services website for more information.
It is a condition of employment for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (refer to Queensland Government Health Employment Directive No. 12/21). Evidence of vaccination must be provided with the application
The above is an Identified position. It is a genuine occupational requirement that an Identified position be filled by an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person, as permitted by and arguable under section 25 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act (1991).
For more information or to apply please go to: www.wuchopperen.org.au/careers or contact Korrie Brown, Acting Manager, Allied Health on 7 4080 11580.
Closing date for applications: 5 pm on Monday, 23 October 2023